10 romantic ideas for an Ottawa Valentine’s Day
- Monday, 11 February 2013 09:32
- Written by Matthew Klausmann
Think your partner might enjoy receiving yet ANOTHER teddy bear with red heart-shaped paws for Valentine’s Day? Not so fast…..
Think outside the box this February and step up the WOW factor for your loved ones. There are plenty of great things going on in Ottawa for Valentine’s Day that are sure to impress that “special someone” in your life (or, at least help you on your way….).
1. Kick-start your Valentine’s Day into gear with an urban adventure. UrbanQuest.com is offering a Valentine’s package where you and your partner follow clues and solve puzzles in and around an Ottawa neighbourhood that lead you to your mystery dining reservation!
2. Love to sing, dance, and be entertained? The popular Canadian group Blue Rodeo is playing at Scotiabank Place on February 14 at 8:00pm. Check out these 5-time Juno award winners live in action!
3. Got a sweet tooth? The amazing C’est Bon Chocolate Lover’s Tour runs on February 16, and includes samples of some of Ottawa’s best chocolate.
4. When you think of the Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum, generally, romance doesn’t spring to mind! But find “love, not war” this Valentine’s Day….75 feet underground! On February 14, the Diefenbunker offers up a 3-course meal with wine, some fun photo ops brought to you by Flashpoint Photo Booth and a romantic-comedy Cold War-themed movie called Blast From the Past...all in one “off the beaten track” location!
5. An action-packed snow day is a great way to spark a new romance, or add some fun to an existing one! The Ottawa area is jam-packed with great cross-country ski trails, tobogganing hills and snowshoe trails. Love is in the (frosty!) air.
6. Stressed from trying to come up with the perfect surprise for your honey? Why not enjoy a couple’s massage and a soak in Nordic baths to help melt away the pain? The team at Nordik Spa-Nature has a number of wonderful romantic treats up their sleeves for Valentine’s Day.
7. Is wining and dining more your thing? Satisfy your tastebuds by booking an indulgent five-course fine dining experience at Brookstreet hotel’s Perspectives dining room. Extend the romance by staying overnight in one of their ultra-modern guest rooms; you won’t need to worry about driving back home, and you can enjoy their pool and spa the following day!
8. If “All You Need Is Love”, the National Arts Centre Orchestra performs a tribute to the Beatles February 14-16 at 8:00pm.
9. Do you believe that the way to your partner’s heart is through their stomach? Why not sign up for one of Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa’s Gourmet Short Courses? Or taste test their exceptional cuisine at a romantic dinner at Le Cordon Bleu Bistro @ Signatures (offered February 14-16).
10. Picture this: A moonlit evening skate, hand in hand with your mittened Snuggly Poops and sharing a toasty sweet BeaverTails pastry on the famous Rideau Canal Skateway. Snuggle up in front of one of the open-air fire pits to really turn on the romance!
Everyone enjoys something a little bit different for Valentine’s Day, and with all the amazing options in Ottawa, it may be hard to narrow down your decision. No matter what you decide to do, enjoy every moment and let the romance bloom!