RBC Royal Bank Ottawa Bluesfest July 3-13, 2014
The Ottawa River acts as the majestic backdrop to one of North America’s most eclectic music festivals. Every July nearly 300,000 music lovers descend upon LeBreton Flats — a short walk west of Parliament Hill — on the grounds of the Canadian War Museum for RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest. Five stages sit around the bank of the river and inside the museum, creating one of the most unique and beautiful settings to witness some of the world’s biggest and most innovative artists during Bluesfest’s two-week reign.
The 20th Anniversary line up, July 3-13 2014, includes Lady Gaga, The Killers, Blake Shelton, Queens of the Stone Age, Lady Antebellum, Journey, Snoop Dog, Zed, The Band Perry, RL Grime, Tegan and Sara, AWOL Nation, Phantogram, Barenaked Ladies, Young the Giant, Gary Clark Jr., Third Eye Blind, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue and many more! For the full line up check out the RBC Royal Bank Bluesfest website.
- Bluesfest began in 1994 and quickly grew to become one of the biggest events of its kind anywhere.
- Some of the biggest names in music have performed at Bluesfest over the years, including Sting, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, The White Stripes, The Black Eyed Peas, James Brown and countless others.
- The festival features hundreds of acts on five different stages.
- Close to 300,000 people attend over the festival's 11-day schedule.
- Food, drink, souvenir and music kiosks surround the festival site.
- The festival has twice won the Gold Award for Waste Minimization from the Recycling Council of Ontario for its green initiatives.
- The festival is a non-for-profit organization that relies on 3500 volunteers to make it happen - and gives back to the community in many ways.