Winterlude January 30 – February 16, 2015
Come celebrate winter in the Capital during three fun-filled weekends in February. Grab your skates or rent some here and glide along the Rideau Canal Skateway, the world’s largest naturally frozen ice skating rink.
Most activities are held on the weekends—learn-to-skate clinics, a hockey tournament, a winter triathlon, children’s entertainment—but the ice sculptures, skating on the Rideau Canal and the Snowflake Kingdom children’s snow playground are offered during the week (except Tues and Wed for Snowflake Kingdom).
Foodies will love unique culinary events created by some of the capital’s best local restaurants — wine and food pairings, chef demonstrations, walkabout winter feasts.
For the full line up of events check out the official Winterlude website.
- Winterlude takes place along the World's largest skating rink, the Rideau Canal Skateway, and sites across the Capital.
- Close to 600,000 people take part in Winterlude activities - most of which are free - each year.
- Fantastic ice carvings by artists from around the world fill Confederation Park in downtown Ottawa.
- The world's biggest snow playground - the Snowflake Kingdom - welcomes kids of all ages to Jacques Cartier Park in downtown Gatineau.
- The Winterlude mascots - the Ice Hogs family - are reputed to live under the ice of the frozen Rideau Canal Skateway.
- Winterlude has been celebrated in Ottawa and Gatineau for over three decades.