Canadian Museum of Civilization
Gorgeous architecture and world-renowned exhibitions convene to create Canada’s most-visited museum. Located on the banks of the Ottawa River — with a stunning view of Parliament Hill, the National Gallery of Canada, and downtown Ottawa — the Canadian Museum of Civilization provides detailed insight into 20,000 years of human history. Let your eyes wander high into the sky as you take in the world’s largest indoor collection of totem poles, walk through impressive life-sized recreations of Canadian settlements over the past 1000 years, and sit back to enjoy an IMAX film. Have your little ones in tow? Well, the museum is also home to the Canadian Children’s Museum, filled with hands-on games and exhibits.
- Canada's most visited museum.
- Home to the world's largest indoor collection of totem poles and the First Peoples Hall highlighting the cultural, historic and artistic achievements of Canada's First Peoples.
- Canada Hall lets visitors walk through 1000 years of Canadian history, including townscapes and environments from across the country, from pre-European settlement to the present day.
- Canadian Personalities Hall brings visitors face-to-face with 27 fascinating people whose decisions, actions and accomplishments have shaped Canada.
- Includes an IMAX® theatre, Canadian Children's Museum, and Canadian Postal Museum.
- Presents special and blockbuster exhibitions covering a wide array of topics.