Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend May 24 - 25, 2014
Join thousands of runners from around the world during Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend. Children, youth, and veteran runners take over Ottawa during this weekend for a number of events, including a kid’s marathon and two- and five-kilometre runs. The centrepiece of the weekend, though, is the Ottawa marathon. As the largest marathon in the country, and cited as one of the must-run routes, some of the best runners from all corners of the world enter for a chance to win this prestigious event. If watching is more your sport, the marathon passes many of Ottawa’s major landmarks, so there are plenty of great spots to watch these athletes.
- Held the final weekend in May each year, Race Weekend attracted 43,000 runners in 2013.
- The Ottawa Marathon is the centerpiece competitive event of the weekend, and is one of Canada's oldest and most prestigious marathons; thousands of dollars in prize money are up for grabs.
- RunAbroad.com ranked the Ottawa Marathon as one of the "101 races to run before you die".
- The Weekend also includes a half marathon, 10K, 5K, family 2K, a kids' marathon and walkers' events.
- The Ottawa Marathon and Ottawa 10K are both designated Silver Label IAAF events by the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF).
- All events take runners along Ottawa's Rideau Canal, with the Ottawa Marathon extending across the Ottawa River to the city of Gatineau in the province of Quebec, then back again - passing many landmark sites, including Parliament Hill, along the way.